Today, Monday, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, launched the Dubai Metaverse Strategy.
His Highness explained that there are 1,000 companies in Dubai currently working in this sector which contributes $500 million to the national economy, amid expectations that it will rise strongly during the coming period.
The Dubai Metaverse strategy aims to:
- That Dubai’s economy become one of the leading economies in the field of metaverses, and a major center for the global metaverse community.
- Doubling the number of blockchain and metaverse companies 5 times in 5 years.
- Metaverse supports 40,000 virtual jobs and contributes $4 billion to Dubai’s economy over 5 years.
What are the pillars of the Dubai metaverse strategy?
- Encouraging innovation in the field of metaverses and enhancing economic contribution.
- Adopting safe platforms, expanding their scope and promoting them globally.
- To develop distinguished talents in the field of metaverse through education and training.
- Developing infrastructure and regulations.
- Developing Metaverse applications and ways of using them in government institutions in Dubai.