In the history of both the UAE and all Arab countries, horses have always played an important role. Historically, the horse has been seen as a sign of chivalry, pride, and nobility.
The industry attracts all ages, from children whose parents enroll them in a riding school to familiarize them with the animals to those children a few years older who join pony clubs to learn to ride, and adults who either want to learn or master the horse riding.
Although many people want to ride as a hobby and do it for sheer entertainment, for those passionate riders who master their technique and want to push themselves more, there are many competitive choices.
- All About The UAE Remote Working Visa
- Top 5 FAQs About Employment Visa in UAE
- UAE Green Visa | A Comprehensive Guide for Travelers and Expats
- UAE Job Seeker Visa | Everything You Need to Know
- Most In-demand Freelance Jobs 2023
The horse industry is a leading source of income, and it is also known as the equine industry. Have a look at some facts about the horse industry in UAE:
- Stables in Abu Dhabi were established in 1969 and used as private stables for horses of Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
- In 1980, Shaikh Zayed commenced a breeding program for what Emiratis call “asil,” which means “purebred” Arabian horses in his royal stables.
- Shaikh Zayed had a real devotion to the “asil Arabian horse,” and the UAE’s people pursued his apparent affection.
- His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, and has also inherited the love of horses achieved and recorded many international successes in horse racing competitions.
- In 1994, he founded the Godolphin stable, named after his favorite Arab horse, Godolphin, and in 2008, he was also a recipient of the Cartier Awards Special Award of Merit.
More than just horses, the horse industry includes feed, tack and equipment, publications, veterinary care, advertising, clothing, education, and many other fields linked to the equine sector either directly or indirectly. Recreation, work, rodeos, racing, and different niches are also included. All these things prove its vitality and tremendous impact on UAE society.
If you’re a horse lover seeking a unique lucrative opportunity in the luxurious industry, here are some jobs to consider:
- Horseback Riding Trail Guide
- Stable Hand
- Riding Instructor
- Mounted Police Officer
- Horse Sitter
- Broodmare Manager
- Bloodstock Agent
- Horse Stable Foreman
- Horse Breeder
- Horse Trainer
- Rodeo Crew
- Stable Owner
- Carriage Driver
- Saddle Fitter
- Stunt Rider
- Horse Photographer
Please visit www.drjobpro.com for a more extensive list of jobs classified into +50 categories.