In Dubai, accountants and finance professionals are in high demand, particularly with the upcoming Expo 2020 and the value-added tax (VAT). Employment opportunities for qualified people with a broad spectrum of experience and skills will be plentiful in Dubai, especially for accountants and auditors.
Accountants enjoy a wide variety of career options. They can find a job in auditing, management consultancy, taxation, assurance, and corporate finance.
If you are a Junior or A senior accountant looking to kickstart a lucrative accounting career in Dubai, this is the one-stop-shop that will offer you all the information you need.
What are the different career paths for the accountant in Dubai?
- Cost accounting
- External auditing
- Financial accounting
- Tax accounting
- Management accounting
- Accounting information systems
What are the popular industries for accounting jobs in Dubai?
- Oil & Gas
- Hotel & Entertainment
It’s a never-ending list!
What are the different specialties of Accounting?
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Budget Analyst
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Chief Financial Officer – CFO
- Government Accounting
- Payroll Clerk
- Staff Accountant
- Tax Accountant
What are the job duties of Accountants & Auditors?
- Accountants and auditors commonly perform the following tasks:
- Check financial statements for accuracy in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- gather, review, check and prepare financial documents, such as benefit and loss accounts, balance sheets, expense studies, and tax returns
- Completes archive backups to secure financial records.
- Verifies paperwork and demands disbursements to prepare fees.
- Keeping track of payments to internal and external organizations
- Tax refunds and returns are collected.
- Examine accounting statements and purchases.
What are the qualifications required to get an accounting job in Dubai?
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a similar area is required for most accountant and auditor positions. Many companies consider having a master’s degree in accounting or business management with a specialty in accounting to be a plus.
Obtaining an additional certification or credential will help accountants progress in their employment and advance in their jobs. The majority of accounting professionals hold at least one certification. Here are a few of the more common accounting certifications:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
Many who succeed and have technical experience stand a fair chance of succeeding in senior or management roles.
Your willingness to use finance-specific software applications would support you in your career. The following are few examples of in-demand accounting technology skills:
- Knowledge of business intelligence software (e.g., IBM)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Advanced Excel ability
- ERP experience (e.g., SAP, Oracle)
- Microsoft Visual Basic skills
What are the high in-demand accounting skills?
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Time Management
What are the working hours for accountants in Dubai?
Employees are supposed to work at least 8 hours a day, 48 hours a week. The official day off is Friday.
In Dubai, what is the monthly wage for accountants?
Accountants in the UAE earn around AED 5000 per month on average. In comparison to others, qualified and seasoned accountants are well compensated.
What are the benefits of working as an accountant in Dubai?
- All salaries are tax-free
- Residents obtain a residence visa and work permit to live in the UAE.
- Most companies offer a good salary package: health insurance, transportation, 30 days of annual vacation, and some companies provide education allowance.
- Many employers also offer the opportunity to earn compensation and bonuses over and above the salary.
Looking for an accountant job in Dubai?
Browse Drjobpro’s latest list of accountant jobs in Dubai & start applying for your ideal ones.